Thursday, July 14, 2011

Anastronaut: The Game


It's about time! Just like most of Sierra Adventure Games' fans, I got sick of waiting for the next SQ or whatever quest... so I gathered my geek knowledge, art, equipment and time to begin creating my own adventure game. Let me put it in the most non-selfish way: the main character is MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I'm using AGS. Now this may take a lot of time.. Hope I don't lose my enthusiasm.

At first, I used a 320x200 resolution.. However, I felt the rooms lacked space for more complex ideas, so I switched to 640x480. Now instead of using too much scrolling rooms or multiple rooms to perform a simple task, a player can enjoy full backgrounds with many tiny details and sprites. I did my best not to leave a non-clickable pixel in the game, so wherever the player tries to look or interact with something, different information is involved.

The game begins with Anas being stuck on a small asteroid that he wanted to investigate earlier after suspicious data readings. Soon he'll find out that the asteroids are used for scientific researches when something went wrong. Now I don't want to burn the main ideas but I'm still open for comments and more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment