Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Message for Gareth Thomas

I was so young when Blake's 7 started. Until a few weeks ago, all I had was faint memories about that brilliant show. The top two memories were Zen; the main computer of the Liberator; it was a hexagon brown screen with golden square lights that function randomly, plus a rectangle middle-light that was sunchronized with the computer's voice. The second memory was the sight of a female laying on sand while some colored disc-shaped creatures were moving slowly nearer to the woman trying to harm her.

A few weeks ago, I downloaded the four full seasons of Blake's 7. That show is amazing despite the fact it was made with 'primitive' technology if I may say so. I mean the ships, interiors, guns, tools.. anyone could make stuff like that at home. The whole show is a look at the future space travel with the eyes of the 70s minds. Still, Blake's 7 had something very special about it. It is indeed the only show that combines space sci-fi with theatrical acting. I am so glad that I exist in a time where I can post a line in my blog hoping that one day Gareth Thomas may actually read as a special message from little humble me: Thank you so much for inspiring me, I love you man.

No comments:

Post a Comment